Thursday, December 9, 2010

#1. - Magnets instead of Management

Periodically, I've decided to write entries about how NOT to behave in business. If you think this is going to be lame, you're wrong. I've got some stories, homie.

Which brings me to point #1... I once had a boss that quite sure putting up an inspirational magnet on all the building doors would fix the gossipy/catty/straight-up mean girls atmosphere in the office. Needless to say, it did not. In fact, it became slang for inaction.

There's a 60% chance that it's already raining.


Scenario one:
Angry Employee A: UGH! She is such a bitch! I have to talk to Boss about it but you know they will probably just put a magnet on it and call it a day.

Scenario two:
Downtrodden Employee B: They expect me to write all these reports, and then they just throw them away! I'm just going to give them a magnet instead.

Lesson learned: When moral is collapsing around you because of whatever reason (let's be honest, probably previous failures on your part), do not think that motivational signage will fix the issues. If it does... well...

No comments:

Post a Comment