Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I've been doing some thinking

..and if you know me, that's a little scary.

Anyway, quick list of things I want to do with my life. No big deal.


  • Learn French. Two (three?) Christmases ago, my parents got me the Rosetta Stone for French. I was quite religious about it until my computer crapped out, which was about 1/3 of the way through the program. Basically, I know a bunch of random phrases and would really love to learn, you know, the whole language. I need to download this on my new computer and get at it immediately.
  • (Re)read the classics. Truth: I downloaded 63 books on my Kindle for free!! the night Sean gave it to me. I am approximately one book down. All of the books are classics that I may or may not have read in elementary/middle/high school, but should re-read anyway. Truth #2: I read a lot of these books in elementary school. Somewhere, stashed in my parents house, is a trove of books with child's handwriting all over the margins as I made notes to myself about words and phrases I didn't understand. <- This explains a lot about me. It also means that I probably didn't understand a lot of the nuance. I need to get on this immediately, too. 
  • Actually start working out. I love yoga, dancing, and riding bikes. I hate running and lifting weights. Why do I keep trying to cram myself into the latter box? I'm signing up for yoga immediately after this blog.
  • Shameless plug: Meghann and I decided we are writing a book. Stay posted, friends. It's coming. Immediately. :) I promise it will be full of sass and sarcasm. It's what I do best. 
  • I put myself on a spending freeze. I'm not buying any clothes/shoes until I pay my credit card off. I'm already dying. I want these so bad it hurts. Snake skin ballet flats with a bow! ON SALE. Anthro kills me. 
  • I put myself on a drinking freeze. I'm only drinking on weekends, now folks. That's right: NO HAPPY HOURS. I don't need the calories. Maybe one day, margarita Monday will be back for me. But until margaritas cease to be 1000 calories a pop, and I cease to be dieting, we can never be together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment